Wednesday December 14, 2011
9:30 am – noon
Thanks to all those ventures who participated in the Good Deals: Pitch Clinic at the 2011 Social Finance Forum.
Click here to download a copy of our Venture Profile booklet which features all the participants.
The focus of the 2011 Social Finance Forum is to help get good deals done. MaRS has partnered with the leading impact investment conference, Good Deals UK, to bring you the creativity and energy that has successfully connected social entrepreneurs with innovative investors since 2008.
The objective of the Good Deals: Pitch Clinic at this year’s conference is to help ventures become deal-ready. A selection of candidates from the Clinic will be asked to present at the afternoon’s conference-wide Good Deals: Pitch Presentation as a way to showcase exciting business models.
Pitch Clinics are twenty-minute consultations with a stellar team of social investors and expert entrepreneurs. They will advise ventures on:
- Identifying the right type of investment
- Selecting the right investor
- Fine-tuning their pitch
- Preparing their business for investment
Who should attend?
|=||Social entrepreneurs developing or currently operating a for-profit social purpose business|
|=||Non-profits, charities or co-operatives interested in developing or currently engaged in social enterprise or revenue-generating activities|
We are looking for a broad range of social ventures that fit the following criteria:
- Geography: Ventures hailing from across Canada.
- Sectors: Ventures that reduce poverty, increase opportunity and foster environmental sustainability.
- Stage: Early-stage start-ups to growth-stage enterprises that have more than just a good idea, but need some help to get investment-ready.
- Investment potential: A short- or medium-term intention to raise impact investments to fund your venture. This may include a desire to issue debt or raise equity, or in the case of charities, to obtain grants to create a social enterprise.
- Impact: Demonstrable positive social and/or environmental impact of your work.
- Pitch: A three- to five-minute sales pitch available on PowerPoint for submission after your appointment is confirmed. (The presentation should not include any direct asks for funding.) Selected ventures will have an opportunity to have their organization profiled in a conference publication available to all attendees.
How do I register?
We will confirm your Clinic appointment time and other details once your application is received.
Space is limited and MaRS reserves the right to screen ventures based on their feasibility, scalability and readiness to make a deal.